Sunday, September 20, 2009

ok so i went to Iowa for a while and that was quite an experiance for me with the two kids by myself. Thankfully they slept at night which really saved my hide because if they hadn't i would have been so super crazy.
So since coming home I have come home with a few good habits that I'm hoping with really stick.
1. Going Out
My sister is big on go go going. Me not soo soo much but now that I've been more on that kind of pace for awhile we have been going out more. I'm excited to try out the Librarys culture pass stuff. Instead of checking out a book you check out a musuem or other attraction around the valley. Like the zoo or the childrens museum or the science center or the botanical garden. You get free admission for 4 people at each check out so that means that Mom and Sebi Me and Mosiah can go and do some of this stuff.
2. Going to the Library
I know it seems like why wouldn't i be doing this anyway. Well, the library closest to me you have to go pass all the computers to get to the kids area with a few little things for the kids to do and all the books. this proves difficult for my son. He can't seem to just keep walking to go and play with the little toys and things he just wants to play with the computers :S which he does at home so it isnt really incouraging to go to the library. BUT i'm going to other locations to see what kind of area they have for kids. So far my search has proved to be unfruitful but i shant give up.
3. Exersiceing
My sister's house has stairs. oh yes it has stairs. everything is on a differant level so you have to do stairs all day long. (perhaps the other reason my son was so willing to go to bed some nights there) Well, i happened to lose 15 lbs!! just doing the stairs at her house in the 3 weeks or so that I was there. I don't want to lose all of that for nothing so since I've been back I've been going to the little gym that my apt complex has. it's not fancy but it does provide a good place to work out with out intruption or distraction. Sebi has been great about helping me get out the door the few mornings that I said maybe i wouldn't go. Cuz i go in the morning it really sets the tone for the whole day and our whole house. ALTHOUGH, I feel kinda guilty that I'm getting time to go and do this while Sebi is at home. I feel a little guilty that I'm working out and "doing better" while he doesn't get that oportunity. *sigh I"m not going to let this guilt keep me from working out but I've got to find a way to give him the same oportunity.
4. ....uh... oh dear. i've forgotten what was the other things. ....oh well

anyway. i've just been more "go getter" since I got back from Iowa. I think part of it was my sisters house and another part was a talk/lesson in RS over there about time we spend online etc by Elder Bednar. I had had some ponderings before all of that about how we needed to change but the fact that we were gone so long and then came back provided the chance to really put some changes into motion.

oh and on another note.
last week i did a whole menu thing (like my mom has been bugging me to do all a long) and it was really helpful. I knew what I was making each day so it wasn't difficult to put dinner together. tonight i made a quiche and it was SOOO EZ! and yummy. wow. why didn't anyone tell me? Mosiah didn't eat too much of it (probably b/c of the spinach in it) but it really did come out good. Eggs are so cheap at the store this week that it really made me think about what I could do with them (and mosiah almost always eats eggs) oh and on the side we had brocalli salad. Really simple with rasins and some sunflower seeds that I had. I"m glad that we used up all the brocolli that I bought. We did not use up the celery :S before it went so limp that it wasn't use able.

oh and my camera died :( it's the sadest thing ever. it won't turn on and the last time that it did it gave me some kind of error msg and turned off :( i'm so sad b/c i was really starting to use it more and try my hand at photography as well as I'd like to have some more pictures/video of the kids and Soli. :S I don't even know what kind of camera i might like to get I knew this day would come but I just was not ready for it at all. *sad funeral music*

ok i think i'm done now.
nite

No comments: